What is it?
The ITONICS Radar is the module for displaying a rich content landscape and understanding it easily by representing multiple characteristics simultaneously by the distance to the radar center, placement in a segment, color, size, and shape.
How does it work?
The radar can be accessed from the main navigation menu. If your Application Owner has designed different radars, they will appear in a sub-menu when you hover over the name Radar in the menu.
The content elements visible on the radar are published content and own drafts (i.e., no archived or draft elements created by other users are shown) and of one specific content category. To display only the content you liked, followed, shared or created you can use the filter settings under filter options and then My Filter.
Please note: For Application Owners, all drafts of any user are displayed in the visualization.
You can perform specific actions on your radar to adjust them to your preferences or learn more about particular elements. Your Application Owner has created a default view but you can easily adjust it to your needs:
- Open the Filter menu to narrow down the elements shown on the Radar. (1)
- Choose one of the visualization options, e.g. maximize the Radar visualization to match the browser window. (2)
- Show/Hide the relations between dots.
- Show/Hide the title label for the dots on the Radar.
- Show/Hide unrated elements: to show content elements that have not been rated. Please note that this also applies to dropdown fields that are indicated as rating criteria. Only elements with no ratings at all appear as unrated elements.
- Show/Hide N/A elements: to show elements that have no distance rating (as per the current distance indicator set). Please note elements at least need to have a segment set for being displayed on the radar.
- Show dynamic/equal segment size. If active, this option will adjust the size of segments relative to the number of elements put in the segments.
- Switch between a 360° and a 180° Radar view.
- Show/Hide empty segment. If activated, this option will hide all segments that do not contain any content element.
- Export to PDF. When you click the icon, the download will start automatically after a few seconds.
- Switch to fullscreen view (press X to switch back to the previous view).
- Use the Radar legend to switch between different perspectives. You can select between different rating criteria or categorizations you have defined for your entity. Note that you can only set criteria with 7 or fewer values as shape or size (3)
- Click a segment name to open the selected segment. Click it again to go back to the original view. (4)
- Hover over any dot on the radar to see its relations to other elements of the same type. Click on an element to see the details in a preview on the right side of the page.
- Drag and drop the element's labels if they overlap or are difficult to see.
The Explorer component below the Radar represents the elements visible on the Radar.
If you want to see details of each Trend, Technology, or other element displayed on your Radar, click any dot on the Radar view, and the details view opens on the right side.
The details view contains the following information and actions:
- Profile image that was uploaded for this element
- A clickable title that links to the detail page of an element
- Creator name
- Previously added Ratings
- Related elements of all types
From the Details view, you can also perform certain actions (depending on your permissions):