What is it?
The ITONICS Radar is the module for displaying a rich content landscape and understanding it easily by representing multiple characteristics simultaneously by the distance to the radar center, placement in a segment, color, size, and shape.
How does it work?
The radar can be accessed from the main navigation menu. If your Application Owner has designed different radars, they will appear in a sub-menu when you hover over the name Radar in the menu. The content elements visible on the radar are published content (i.e., no archived or draft elements are shown) and of one specific content category.
You can perform specific actions on your radar to adjust them to your preferences or learn more about particular elements. Your Application Owner has created a default view but you can easily adjust it to your needs:
- Open the Filter menu to narrow down the elements shown on the Radar. (1)
- Choose one of the visualization options, e.g. maximize the Radar visualization to match the browser window. (2)
- Use the Radar legend to switch between different perspectives. You can select between different rating criteria or categorizations you have defined for your entity. Note that you can only set criteria with 7 or fewer values as shape or size (3)
- Click a segment name to open the selected segment. Click it again to go back to the original view. (4)
- Hover over any dot on the radar to see its relations to other elements of the same type. Click it to open its preview. (5)
The Explorer component below the Radar represents the elements visible on the Radar.
If you want to see details of each Trend, Technology, or other element displayed on your Radar, click any dot on the Radar view, and the details view opens on the right side.
The details view contains the following information and actions:
- Profile image that was uploaded for this element
- A clickable title that links to the detail page of an element
- Creator name
- Previously added Ratings
- Related elements of all types
From the Details view, you can also perform certain actions (depending on your permissions):