What is it?
ITONICS Enterprise offers an out-of-the-box approach when it comes to engaging users through the Innovation Platform. The system is able to measure users’ activity and based on that, reward them.
Learn more about:
- Assigning points for activities
- The Leaderboard: Overviewing users' activities
- Rewarding user activity with badges
How does it work?
Assigning points for activities
Once the gamification feature is activated, users can earn activity points for the different actions they perform on the platform. You can define the activity points from the Settings Wheel > Gamification Configuration > Activity Configuration.
First, for your entities defined, you can first set how many activity points can be won for creating a content element. This activity points score can be set for each entity individually.
Second, you can assign points for the other actions globally. This means that the activity scores set (for commenting, liking comments, replying to comments, assigning, submitting, rating, sharing (=providing permission), liking content, following, editing, or viewing) will be the same, i.e., independent of the entity where the action has been performed.
The users will recognize the earning of activity points in the system via a short notification in the lower left corner.
The Leaderboard: Overviewing of user activities
To keep track of all user activities, the ITONICS Leaderboard displays a list of all users, their activity points, and badges won. It sorts users in descending order based on their activity score. Based on the view permission granted, the Leaderboard can be accessed from the main navigation menu.
You can adjust the Leaderboard by the following operation options.
- Narrow down the leaderboard results by using different Filter options. (1)
- Use the Role filter to filter the leaderboard for users of a specific user role. (2)
- Use the Date Picker to filter the leaderboard results by a specific time period. (3)
- Use the Activity selection to filter the leaderboard results by any specific Activity type. (4)
- Choose whether to display the results in Grid View or List View via the View Selection. (5)
Rewarding user activity with badges
The Badge is a visual representation of what users have accomplished based on their activities. When you perform an activity several times or earn a needed amount of activity points, you will unlock a new badge. The popup will notify a user which badge he/she won, and the user can directly go to his profile to see all achievements.
To configure a badge, go to the Settings Wheel > Gamification Configuration > Badge Configuration. Click the Add Badge button and start filling out the given fields:
- Select an Activity Type. You can choose between activity types and activity points. (1)
- Enter a Badge Condition. By selecting an activity from the Activity Type dropdown menu, you can add a badge condition. A badge condition means the amount of activity a user performs to earn their badge. However, by selecting Activity Points from the Activity dropdown menu, the badge condition will be a number of total points. (2)
- Enter a Badge Name. (3)
- Enter Badge Info. It will be displayed by hovering over the badge on any users' profile. This information may be a short description that includes explaining how users can acquire this badge. (4)
- Configure Badge Design. Here you can decide which color you would like your badge to be: bronze, silver, or gold. You may also choose an icon for your badge. (5)
Once done, click Save.
🎓 Example: Select Comment as an activity type and set the badge condition as 10, naming the badge 'Brainstormer'. Users will get the badge 'Brainstormer' when they have left 10 comments.