What is it?
As an application owner, you have the option to block or delete a user account manually.
How does it work?
Deleting a user
To delete a user on your ITONICS platform, navigate to the Settings Wheel > User Management > All Users.
- Search for the user profile you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete icon on the far right side of the username.
3. Confirm the deletion process by again clicking on Delete.
Deleting a user will result in the following actions:
- The respective account including all personal information will be deleted from the system.
- All logs (e.g., created/edited content, comments) will be assigned to the Anonymous persona.
- All Ratings that have been submitted by the user will be deleted.
Note: The action to delete a user cannot be undone. However, you can also block a user from the system without deleting all personal user information.
To allow secure operations, ITONICS also offers a feature of automated user deletion for users who did not log in to the system for a defined period. Please note that the module is not activated by default. If you are interested in setting it up, please contact your Customer Innovation Success Manager.
Blocking a user
To block a user in your ITONICS account, navigate to the settings wheel and the Settings Wheel > User Management > All Users.
- Search for the user profile you want to block. (1)
- Click on the Edit icon on the far right side of the username. (2)
- Select Blocked on the Status field and click Save. (3)
The user is now blocked from the system and cannot log in to the system anymore.
Furthermore, Notifications are paused while the user is blocked. As soon as the status of the user will be set to Active, Notifications will be sent out again.
A user will also get blocked after five failed attempts to enter a correct password.