Who can use this feature?
Only the Application Owner role can use this feature.
What is it?
An email token is a placeholder that you can put in the subject or body of an email template. The placeholder represents a variable, such as a username or the title of an element. Using tokens helps to personalize or specify emails while using a standard email template.
How does it work?
While configuring an email template, you will see the list of usable email tokens. Keep in mind that the options may differ based on the notification category.
See the token definitions below and choose which to use in your email template.
- [button] - A call-to-action button with text on it. Text on the button can be configured from the Button Text field on the email template configuration page.
Tokens that define a user’s properties:
- [user:fullname] - The full name of any user. The token represents every user role.
- [user:firstname] - The first name of any user.
- [user:lastname] - The last name of any user.
- [user:username] - The username that a user uses to access the platform. One of the user’s account credentials.
- [user:email] - The email address that a user has provided to the platform.
- [receiver:fullname] - The full name of the recipient.
- [receiver:firstname] - The first name of the recipient.
- [receiver:lastname] - The last name of the recipient.
- [receiver:username] - The username of the recipient.
Tokens that represent an entity or element:
- [entity:type] - Any entity type, like Trend, Technology, etc.
- [entity:title] - Any element title of any entity.
- [entity:field_label] - Any field of an entity. It can be a user search field, e.g., Trend Expert, rating criteria, e.g., Market Potential, or any other field.
- [feedback:title] - The title of the support request that can be submitted with the help of the Support button on the platform.
Tokens that refer to platform features:
- [entity:comment] - A comment of an element.
- [share:action] - A permission that is shared within the element.
- [share:message] - A message applied when sharing an element.
- [motivation:message] - A message of an application.
- [phase:current] - The current workflow phase of an element.
- [phase:next] - The next workflow phase of an element.
Tokens that stand for system names and URLs:
- [system:name] - The name of the system, like ITONICS Innovation OS.
- [system:url] - The URL of the system, like www.itonics-innovation.com
- [system:link-to-element] - A link to a specific element.
- [system:link-to-roadmap] - A link to a roadmap.
- [system:link-to-shared-elements-list] - A link to shared element lists.
- [system:link-to-user] - A link to a user profile.
- [user:access-request-list] - A link to a user’s list.
- [system:unique-first-login-link] - A link to the unique first-time login.
- [system:reset-password-page] - A link to the reset password interface.
- [system:registration-page] - A link to the registration page.
- [system:link-to-feedback] - A link to a support request.
- [system:link-to-receiver-user] - A link to the user profile of a recipient.
- [system:gateway-url] - A link to the External Gateway.