The ITONICS campaign import is the first part of migrating existing campaigns from a 3rd party tool to the ITONICS Innovation Platform. It is part of the campaign import process.
To populate the ITONICS platform with existing campaigns, you may want to use the dynamic upload interface that adapts to your campaign-specific configuration. The campaign import consists of the following steps:
Go to Settings > Ideation > Campaign Import to open the campaign import page (1)
Download the import template by clicking on the “Generate Import Template” button on the right-hand side. (2)
The generated import template consists of the following columns:
- ID: The ID column expects a positive integer value. ITONICS is looking into solutions for choosing the ID as a unique identifier as well during import. For now the ID column is just relevant during the export and therefore can be left empty.
- Link: The link column expects a correct URL as a value. This column is just relevant during the export and therefore can be left empty.
- Created By: The Created By column expects an existing username to set the creator information for the respective element. If the username does not exist or the cell is not filled, the user which is logged in will be saved as the creator.
- Created At: The Created At column expects a valid date format (yyyy-mm-dd) and sets the create date accordingly. If the column is empty, the current date will be used.
- Edited At: The Edited At column expects a valid date format (yyyy-mm-dd) and sets the edit date accordingly. If the column is empty, the current date will be used.
- Publication Status: The Publication Status expects a string value. You can choose between these different values i.e., Draft, Review, Published
- Archived: The Archived columns expect a string value. You can choose between the options “yes” (= is archived) and “no” (= is not archived).
- Blueprint: The Blueprint column expects the exact value of the blueprint on which basis the campaign should be created. Please note: This value is case-sensitive!
- Campaign Type: The Campaign Type column expects the exact value of the campaign type on which the campaign should be imported. You can choose between “time-bound” and “always-on”.
- Active Phase: The Active Phase column expects the exact value of the active phase in which the campaign should be. Please note: This value is case-sensitive!
- Campaign Title: The Campaign Title column expects a string value.
- Abstract: The Abstract column expects a string value.
- Description: The Description column expects a string value.
Profile Image: The Profile Image column can be populated in two ways:
- Add an external URL link to an image that's available online (Right-click on the image > Copy Image Link).
- Add a local image file that should be present in the image directory. You can upload a zip file containing your image files via Settings > Export / Import Data > Zip / Image Imports to populate the image directory. The zip file is automatically unzipped. If you have an image "green-supply-chain.png", it should be populated in that directory, whereas in the excel file, you will just write "green-supply-chain.png".
- Campaign Managers: The Campaign Managers column expects the user's username who is responsible for managing the campaign as a string.
- Start Date: The Start Date column expects a valid date format (yyyy-mm-dd) and accordingly sets the campaign's start date. If the column is empty, no start date will be set.
- End Date: The End Date column expects a valid date format (yyyy-mm-dd) and accordingly sets the campaign's end date. If the column is empty, no end date will be set.
- Tags: The Tags column expects a string value. You can populate this field with multiple values by separating them with a semicolon.
- Relations: The Relation column expects the title of related elements as a string value. You can populate this field with multiple values by separating them with a semicolon.
Upload it to the platform by clicking the Choose file button. (3)
You can also select an option to:
- Import as Draft: Only new elements will be imported as draft, while this option won’t affect existing elements.
- Skip/Ignore existing elements: This will prevent overwriting existing fields and elements.
Import the excel file to the platform by clicking the Import button. (4)
If the import was successful, you'd get a pop-up confirmation.